The food influencers leave a permanent footprint in the hearts of food lovers. These top 10 food influencers of India come from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, but the common interests that connect all of them are the passion, dedication and love for cooking. The blogs of these influencers is a true testament to their culinary skills and offer salivating experience. Check out their blogs for eye-candid photographs of the recipes, and you are sure to transform into an ardent food lover.
1) Deeba Rajpal’s passionateaboutbaking.com indeed shows her passion towards baking. She has a vast experience of 15 years in the field of cooking and particularly in baking. ‘Passionate About Baking’ is a reflection of her obsession towards developing recipes that involve fruits and alternate grains such as oats and millets. Although a major chunk of her blog features North Indian recipes, she leaves enough space for other flavours as well. Deeba’s other interests include food styling, nature, art, props, photography and travel.
2) Chandrima’s notoutofthebox.in has an extensive collection of Bengali recipes. Be it breakfast, vegetarian, snacks and starters, and non-veg dishes like fish, chicken, and mutton, the blog has everything you need. Add to it, the splendidly crafted images is a visual treat and never disappoints anyone. She runs a small bakery “I Bake for you” from her home and spends most of the time searching for Bengali heirloom recipes.
3) Anusha Praveen’s tomatoblues.com is a vegan food blog and features delicious regional and exotic recipes. Her passion towards baking is commendable, and it reflects in the yummy cakes and brownies. Furthermore, Anusha’s presentation of the dishes and recipes coupled with captivating photographs is the icing on the cake.
4) With a motive to simplify Indian cuisines, the husband-wife duo of Abhishek and Prerna created the blog indiansimmer.com. Prerna makes sure that cooking traditional Indian dishes is no longer intimidating. She offers short ingredients and clear instructions for her recipes, so even a newbie can follow them without any fuss. Her evocative writing coupled with tantalising photographs leaves the readers with long-lasting memories.
5) Launched in 2014, cookilicious.com is the brainchild of Priya. She hails from a vegetarian family, and her blog features traditional and innovative vegetarian dishes/recipes and occasionally features egg recipes. She experiments a lot and is proud of her invention Sweet Corn & Bulgur Wheat Mini Idli. Her passion towards cooking made her become a recipe developer and presents her version of world cuisines.
6) Get ready to savour your taste buds with Udupi recipes! Pay a visit to Sumana’s udupi-recipes.com which presents enriching Udupi recipes bundled with self-explanatory pictures and detailed instructions. Despite its name, the blog is not only restricted to south-indian recipes; you can also check North Indian dishes and easy to make delicacies and juices. She attributes her culinary skills to her mother, grandmother, cookbook, and cookery shows.
7) Purabi owns the blog cosmopolitancurrymania; she is a homemaker and mom of two lovely kids. According to her, food is a sensory exhilaration. The blog represents diverse food culture, the metamorphosis of traditional recipes and revival of endangered Indian recipes. Being fond of food fusion, she incorporates authentic ingredients of Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai into the Indian cuisines. She terms Coffee-Cointreau Chicken as her favourite food fusion adventure.
8) Taruna Deepak is the proud owner of the food-centric blog easyfoodsmith.com. The blog features a lot of unique and traditional Bihari recipes, that doesn’t command much of time and effort. Taruna loves tweaking and experimenting dishes, but she also takes proper care to retain the flavours and nutritional values of a dish. She further advocates the motto “cook with passion and serve with love”.
9) What started as a blog solely to stay in touch with her family and friends in Thailand has garnered over 10 lakh page views, since its inception, and surely craves more! tesathome.com, owned by Tes features most enriching and fascinating recipes with a beautiful story accompanying it. Apart from the mouth-watering recipes, the blog features her family travelling stories. Tes is the best when it comes to cooking seafood and never misses to incorporate the fish sauce ingredient in her recipes.
10) Are you browsing for delicious, nutritional snack recipes for a healthy lifestyle? Then look no further than sizzlingtastebuds.com. That’s not all! You can also browse the famous recipes of various states under Flavours of India. Kalyani is the brainchild behind the creation of the blog. According to her, food is all about memories. Furthermore, her lucid writing style requires a special mention and inspires readers to try out new recipes.
These blogs have been chosen based on the following criteria –
- Quality and frequency of influencer’s recipe blog posts.
- Innovativeness and presentation skills for recipes.
- Influence and popularity on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Bonusapp’s editorial team and expert review